I would love to move but…
This is the most common thing our team is hearing in the market right now, which is very different from the norm, how is the market?
It’s really interesting talking to people who would like to make a move, but there are a few roadblocks:
- They don’t know how to make it happen
- They’re scared from what they’re hearing in the news
- They don’t know what is available to them.
These roadblocks are not only holding people back from moving but also hurting our already big problem with inventory. If you have been struggling with making a move, here are three simple tips to get your move started today.
- Our ‘Buy Before You Sell’ program allows you to buy a home before you sell your current home if you and your house are approved. The ideal client is someone that would like to sell the property, but they don’t want to go through the headache of having staging, cleaning, and having people in their house while still living there. This allows you to move into that property and then you can put your house you need to sell on the market. You will still list it with us and you still get all the money – the program has a fee, but it’s minimal in retrospect.
Email, call, or DM us if you are interested in learning more.
- Tell your agent where you would like to move. The biggest complaint we are hearing right now is people who are looking to make a move cannot find what they want. Instead of giving up, reach out to your agent and ask them to find you an off market property. If you are our client, we have an inside sales team that calls homeowners to find those who are thinking about selling their home. We pair our buyers with those sellers for a potential off-market transaction. If you are not communicating with your agent, you’re going to totally miss out on that opportunity.
If you want to be added to our off-market list, DM @christianstubbs on Instagram or Facebook with the word ‘Off-Market’.
- Explore creative lending. So many people are letting interest rate headlines stop them from moving. We often hear our clients say “I can’t afford the payment and I will wait for interest rates to come down.” What a lot of people don’t know is that there are multiple creative lending programs to make your payment less. There are two popular ones we will discuss today and reach out if you want to learn about more.
- Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM) – A home loan with an interest rate that adjusts over time based on the market. ARMs typically start with a lower interest rate than fixed-rate mortgages, so an ARM is a great option if your goal is to get the lowest possible mortgage rate starting out.
- 2-1 Buydown Loan – A 2-1 buydown is a mortgage agreement that provides for a low interest rate for the first year of the loan, a somewhat higher rate for the second year, and then the full rate for the third and later years.
Don’t let roadblocks hold you back from making a move.